Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Giver + My Dream Job

Many thirteen years old still don't know what their future career might be, they believe to be a fashion model or a fashion designer. Many people still don't know what they want to do, they think that people will choose their jobs for them. I don't think letting kids that young choose their jobs for them but when they are older they can. When you are young, you want to be something that looks fun to you, like a popstar. You think being a doctor is a boring job where you don't have fun. Your imagination comes out when you try to pick a job at a young age, for example my little niece who believes she wants to be a popstar, beautician, and also a detective with eight beautiful arms so she could do her singing, making people beautiful, and solving a crime case. I'm not trying to say that 12 year olds don't have common sense, it's because if they were given the option they wouldn't take it seriously. 
Kids choose their jobs because they like it, for example a person wants to be a fashion model, they want to have fun while doing their job. Maybe one of their hobbies are to prance around in their room while looking in the mirror. If people like taking care of animals, and are absolutely in love with them, the chance they become a zoologist are high.
I want to be a doctor, a surgeon that helps people. That doesn't let them know that they are going to die. I want to make a difference in people's life and in their heart, I want to be known, not for the bad reasons but for the good ones. My mother and father want me to be a doctor, but that's not what led me to it. I realized when my brother got hurt, he was "dying" when a knife went through his finger (not completely but just enough for blood to come out) I took out a first aid box and wrapped his finger in gauze. I felt like I had done a great achievement, like I was destined to help people. I dreamed from that point on to become a doctor, to help people in need. Putting twenty dollars in the "HELP JAPAN" felt like I could make a difference in to the world. I wasn't going to let anything down, because I wanted to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky.

1 comment: