Thursday, October 28, 2010

New York

"The City That never Sleeps"
New York, probably the most famous city in the world. Even if you are on the other side of the world you'll know what New York is.
Ever since I was little New York amazed me. The tall buildings lit up with their beautiful, colorful lights. Glittering in the dark sky, while boasting off their glory.
During summer nights my family and I used to have a unplanned trip to New York. When we were there we ordered the famous halal Gyro. Munching down the salad and seeing us surrounded by humongous buildings, it felt like we had a wall of protection. New York really gives you the sight that you won't see anywhere else. 
My dad works in New York, so he gets to see the "City that never sleeps." My dad loves New York as much as I do. He loves taking pictures of something that really brings out your eyes. During the "Take your child to work day" my father took me to the Empire State building. We went on the 82nd floor. My hair blowed over my face. Spitting out the hair I looked down. Did I forget to mention I'm afraid of heights. Everyone looked like ants crawling to their destination. The yellow taxis looked like bees, zooming out to get to their customers. The buildings looked like steps you could walk on. For a minute I thought "Where is the Empire State building?" Then I got the answer to my question. "I'm on it, smart one."                                             
The city shows the beauty of the water, night, sky, and  billion of little lights twinkling.
The attraction to many eyes, the love to many hearts, New York City.
Please tell me what you think of New York in a comment. Thanks!









                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment