Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday

Black Friday Madness
It was still dark outside, and the lamp posts were still on giving out their dim light. My window half opened let in the cold chill, making me push my snugly blanket over my head. As though that wasn't enough, my alarm clocked blared in the humongous room making it rather hard to go back to sleep. I aroused from my bed blowing out the hair in front of my face. My droopy eyes about to take revenge for whoever turned on my alarm clock. Then I remembered, a day after Thanksgiving my family and I woke up at 3:00 A.M to shop until we drop... literally. As I walked out of my bedroom door I saw my tired, cousin come out of the guest room, rubbing his hands on his eyes.
"Getting up at 3 in the mornin' I feel like a girl." He said to himself. "Yeah, let's go eat breakfast." I said with weird face. We walked down the stairs, and into the kitchen. My whole family seemed to be in there. Their faces cheered up, it looked like they had been up all night.
The next thing you know I had wat of cash in my hand. The mall didn't look different at all, people roaming around, and the smell of pretzel's baking nearby. The only thing different was all the people had bags and bags full of clothes, electronics, and more. I was surprised by the crowd this early in the morning. That day we brought more than we can could handle or fit in our car. We bought early gifts for Christmas knowing we wouldn't have time later.
Bath bombs for mom, clothes from Hollister for my sisters, games for my brother, and shirt from Express for my dad. It was almost Christmas season and the idea of giving presents to family friends just got better.
Black Friday has been a holiday for me where you would buy gifts for yourself, just take the idea that your getting something. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about!
That night we shared our stories at the mall and what we got, while eating a hot dinner. Though it was cold outside inside our house was warm and cozy like never before, and our laughs echoed out of the house telling the weather "Happy Black Friday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment